Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pumpkin Pie


Pumpkin pie has always been in demand around our house and for years, I searched for the perfect recipe, and I believe I have found it. This recipe has the perfect blend of spice and sweet and melts in your mouth. I will hopefully find time to follow this post up with my pie crust recipe as well, but here is the recipe for the filling! I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

The filling should be smooth by the time you are done with all the whisking.

Here it is before being baked, alongside an apple pie.

You can tell that I did my egg wash hurriedly as only parts of the crust are browned, oops!



Enjoy!


Pumpkin Pie: adapted from Epicurious
makes 1 pie

Ingredients-

3/4 cup sugar
1 T brown sugar
1 T cornstarch
2 t cinnamon
3/4 t ginger
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cloves
1 16oz can pure pumpkin
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs

Whisk first 6 ingredients until there are no lumps left. Add in pumpkin, cream, sour cream, and eggs and beat well to combine. Bake in a 9in pie crust until the filling cracks at the edges and still jiggles in the middle, you don't want to overbake it!

Notes:
-You can adjust the spices to your liking
- I always do an egg wash on my pie crusts
- Make sure that there are absoluetely no lumps in the batter!

♡Coco

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...can't wait to make it for tomorrow night! What temperature should I bake it at? And approx how long? -karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I know you could be doing something else!