Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Leadville, CO

On the way home from Vancouver this year, we stopped in Leadville, Colorado for a bike race. My dad and his friend are avid mountain bikers and got into this race. I think that my friends and I may have had more fun than they did during the ride being a cheer crew. Check out a couple (actually 20) of my favourite pictures!

It was chilly up at 10, 000 ft! I was wearing a hoodie, leggings, and long socks!

This is my newest cookbook. I'm loving it so far! The chocolate hazelnut crepe cake is to die for!

This was the view from our patio. The creek below was really fun to wade it despite the freezing temperature!

The bike was ready, sitting on our patio.

This campfire was cozy at night and perfect for making s'mores with homemade graham crackers (recipe coming soon)!

We went to Vail village a couple times; it was funny to see it in the summer!


We took the gondola up to the top and were rewarded with some spectacular views!


The alpine meadows were gorgeous!


My friends had brought some window markers, so we decorated the entire car!

On our way up to Leadville for the race!

We all made mini posters to put on our backpack's. This is mine!

I loved my friend Greta's bag, she put the logo at the bottom.

Greta and I decorated this window together ;)

We also made a big poster, that way the riders would have no trouble spotting us!

This is the car from a distance. Don't tell the rental car company!

The finish line included a red carpet! Both my dad, and my friends dad did great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I know you could be doing something else!