Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mini Nutella Cupcakes


These simple cupcakes only have a few ingredients, making them a tasty, but quick treat to whip up! I topped mine with whipped cream, caramel, and hazelnuts. They were kind of a clean out the fridge cupcake. Enjoy!
 I have been playing around with a little stop motion, so I added a quick video. It is just the beginning of a video, and it kind of jumps around a bit as I wasn't using a tripod, but I had fun with it anyways and thought that it was cute enough to post here! 

I thought that these looked cute, for very little effort! You could top them with buttercream instead of whipped cream, but I liked the light texture of the cream. 

The caramel gives these cupcakes a more decadent look. Trust me, the caramel tasted fine with the nutella!  If I made them again, I would probably fill them with nutella as well. I thought that they had really good flavour even without the filling though.

The nuts on the top give these cupcakes a good crunch.

Recipe:
Adapted From Abby Dodge

Cupcake-
  ½ cup Nutella spread
      1 large egg
      5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
      ½ cup chopped hazelnuts

Preheat the oven to 350F. Whisk the egg and nutella in a small bowl. Mix in the flour until the batter is smooth. If the batter is too thick, add some milk until it is thinner. Bake for 11-12, or until a toothpick comes out with some moist crumbs. My batch made around 18 mini cupcakes.

Whipped Cream-
Cream
Powdered Sugar
Vanilla

Whip the cream in a cold mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. I used about a cup of cream, but it really depends on how much cream you want on top. Top the cupcakes with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of chopped hazelnuts. I drizzled Coco's Caramel on top, a recipe you can find on this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I know you could be doing something else!