Saturday, May 12, 2012

Springrolls

These can be a quick and delicious dinner when you have everything in your fridge. If you don't, I think it's definitely worth a trip to a thai market or just your grocery store! There isn't really a recipe because it depends on your taste, how many you want to make and what you can purchase easily. Here's a rough layout of what you'll need: rice paper, a bowl of hot water, rice, broccoli slaw, mint, mixed greens, peanuts, chicken or shrimp, and peanut sauce for dipping. Put the rice paper in the bowl of hot water for a minute to soften, and remove. Then you just put all the toppings on and roll it up! I love them because they are so easy, relatively inexpensive, and healthy! I use Trader Joe's Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette. I have tried countless peanut sauces but this is by far my favourite. It has a really different flavor. Here are some pics!



The sauce I use









Peanuts

Mixed Greens

Mint

Chicken

Rice

Hot Water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I know you could be doing something else!